Hereafter some wonderfull rules propose by Basho, japanese poet (1644-1694), very well known for his “haikus” but also devotee of pilgrimages like Shikoku.
To think and to follow …
- Do not sleep two nights following in the same hostel.
- Do not wear arms
- Do not bring too much or not enough garments
- Eat simple food
- Do not show your poems if nobody ask; if someone asks, never refuse
- Do not go horseriding but lean on your stick
- Do not drink wine
- Just speak about poetry, if a conversation starts about other theme, take a nap and enjoy it
- Do not have intimacy with women poet
- Do not take what belongs to others; everything has an owner