- One spare set of clothing and ONLY ONE, which you arrange in a separate nylon bag: underclothes, socks, short-sleeve shirt, transformable pants, alway quick-drying, plus one T-shirt for sleeping.
- Waterproof jacket and fleece
- A poncho which also covers the backpack, or an umbrella and a backpack cover (which we prefer!)
- Semi-lightweight sleeping bag and/or sleeping bag liner
- Basic toilet items, plus fast drying towel, plus earplugs in case of snoring, plus the indispensable nail clipper for walkers’ toes…
- Light sandals of Croc type, or flip-flops, for the evening (We ask you to leave your walking shoes in the gite entrance)
- Your prescription medicines (not more: you will come across pharmacies each day…)
- Compeed for treating blisters on feet
- Water canteen or thermus or camelbag, minimum 1 liter
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen creme
- Camino guidebook, roadmap, pencil
- Passport, pilgrim passport, credit or debit cards
- Camera, cell phone and chargers
EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOT NECESSARY, IT IS JUST FEAR …
Don’t forget that for Compostela you don’t go into the middle of the desert; every day, you spend time in villages and often in cities, even important cities!